The countdown is on - there's only one week left until O-Week begins and the class of 2012 is on campus, and two weeks until classes begin for fall quarter! In preparation for the start of the academic year, CAPS recently sent out an email to all College students, updating you about some of the work we've been doing all summer long (that's right, when students leave campus, we're still here, and while we're not spending our time meeting with students and reviewing resumes, there are plenty of other things to keep us busy).
The info that was included in the email included the following updates and announcements:
· We are excited to announce our new online job platform, Chicago Career Connection. This will replace UChicagoTRAK and InterviewTRAK for those of you who used those systems last year. This system is available to all students and all you need is a Cnet ID and password. Using this system, students have the ability to search jobs posted by employers and access On-Campus Recruiting as well as various University-sponsored internship programs. To log in, you will need to go to the CAPS webpage and click the, “Log into your account” link. You do not need to create a profile as all students have a pre-populated profile with information from the Registrar. If you used InterviewTRAK last year, you will remain activated on Chicago Career Connection. Thank you to the many students who have provided feedback regarding the system since its launch. Based upon this feedback, we are confident that the system will benefit University of Chicago students throughout the coming academic year.
· Attend CAPS’ Open House and Super Walk-Ins Day on Wednesday, October 1 from 9am – 3:30pm in Ida Noyes Hall, third floor. Meet with CAPS’ staff members, have your resume reviewed, and enjoy refreshments and giveaways.
· The CAPS’ Fall Career Fair will take place on Friday, October 3 from 12 – 4pm in Ida Noyes Hall, first floor. Over 70 organizations from a variety of industries will be hiring for full-time and internship positions. To view a list of attending organizations, log into your Chicago Career Connection account and click on the “Fall Career Fair” link. Chicago Career Connection training sessions will also be offered every hour, on the hour, from 10am – 3pm.
· CAPS is on Facebook! Search for “Career Advising and Planning Services” and join our group to receive announcements about upcoming programs and events.
· Sign up for CAPS’ Industry Email Lists. Lists include: Arts and Culture, Government and Policy, General Business, Finance, Consulting, Education, Health and Medicine, and Science. To sign up, log into your Chicago Career Connection account and click on the “My Profile” tab.
Questions about any of these announcements? Post them here - and keep reading the CAPS' blog throughout the academic year for articles, updates and discussion about internships, jobs, recruiting, graduate school applications, and anything else you'd like to talk about.